Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wedding Word Wednesdays: Websites (the wedding kind of course!)



One of the first things I did after my NWH proposed was create a wedding website.  It’s kind of the modern-day thing to do in the wedding world, right? 




I researched and research and even got my NWH to study different website options.  The one thing I didn’t want to do was PAY!  There are so many costly things a wedding requires and a website was simply not in the budget. (There are some sites out there that charge over $100 for a year’s subscription, Whoa!).


I started a web page at the knot and began looking at other couple’s pages for inspiration.   That’s when I stumbled upon a little secret I like to call…. http://www.mywedding.com/.  It offers free wedding websites and also provides planning and organizational tools.  It was by far the best free website option that I found.



Mywedding.com allowed me to add pictures, slide shows, maps, music, links, even videos (although I never did that one).  My site had a wedding day countdown and a place for people to send private or public messages.  It even had an RSVP section.  (I could have blogged on the website as well…but the blog bug hadn’t bitten yet).  This website had all the services that the pricey ones had but for FREE.




With so many friends and family members at long distances, the website really proved helpful in keeping everyone connected with all the festivities.  It also gave us a place to share our engagement story and OUR STORY.  After all, there were a FEW people on the guest list whom I’d never met.  This lets people get to know you without meeting! Hahaha, how great it that!!  As for those who know and love you, well..they can read the stories over and over as many times as they like.


After so many requests, I uploaded pictures taken at our rehearsal and wedding as well as honeymoon.  Our wedding website is still online if you’d like to check it out.  The address is www.mywedding.com/teliaandzach


A wedding website is something I would recommend to anyone getting married.  It may require a little more time out of the busy bride schedule, but your friends and family will love you for it!  Please pass the valuable information on to any brides that you know.  They'll be glad you did!  (or your could always point them over this way).

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog!

    I just went to your wedding website and read your engagement story-how sweet! It sounds like the perfect romantic proposal! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails