Saturday, August 28, 2010

Nashville Cookies

My husband and I are going to Nashville today to visit his family.  I'm not sure why I always feel the necessity to bring something (anything) when I am visiting others, but I do.  My mom may be the one to blame, she'd just whip something together.  It could be the simple fact that I am from the south, and we always seem to travel with food. 


Because we are traveling some distance and let's face it, I'm no Paula Deen (yet);  I am going to make a tried and true cookie receipt.  These treats are awesome!  No measuring flour, baking powder, and salt either!  In fact, all you need is a box of yellow cake mix, a few other minor things!  Try them (you won't regret it)!


Here's what you'll need:  a box of yellow cake mix, 2 eggs, a half of a cup of vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons of water, and 1 cup of chocolate chips.






Now, empty your cake mix, half a cup of oil, and both eggs. into a mixing bowl.  Follow this link for an quick and easy demonstration on how to crack eggs.  http://startcooking.com/blog/35/How-To-Crack-Open-An-Egg



Add the two table spoons of water.  Now, I read in my Paula Deen cook book to never use a regular eating utensil to measure teaspoons and table spoons when baking, but I measured mine and they are exactly the same, so just test yours out.

 

Mix everything in the bowl together.  Another really great wedding gift we received, the Kitchen Aid electric hand mixer, makes mixing alot faster; but if you don't have one just use a spoon and your wrist. 

 

Finally, add the chips!  I only used 1 cup but if you like yours extra sweet then add as many as you want!


Spoon your cookies onto a baking sheet and place them about 2 inches apart (these little things will spread a bit).  They'll be a little sticky so just use your finger to push them off the edge of your spoon.  P.S. My mother-in-law gave me these "no burn" cookie sheets. Go buy them right now; they are totally newlywed proof! 


Pre-heat your oven to 350.  Make sure at least one of your oven racks are in the center of your oven, and place the cookies inside.

Turn your oven light on and watch them closely.  They should only take about 8-10 minutes to cook.  Remember these are from yellow cake mix so they'll be done when they turn slightly yellow.  Don't wait for them to golden brown or you may burn them!


While they cook, I'll put up the dishes from last night.  Oh, you see this mat thing that my dishes are setting on?  It is the best thing in the world.  I got it from Bed Bath and Beyond (not as a wedding gift) and absolutely love it! Another, newlywed must!


Okay, spells like cookies.  Looks like they are done!  Yum, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails